What is Careerpedia?
Careerpedia is a unique, interactive and tailor made career engagement platform designed to fill the existing career information gap for students, teachers, parents and mentors. It can be experienced in different ways – print, interactive digital platforms, mentorship events and workshops.
How we bring the resources to life
- Workshops in schools - Conducting career workshops for students especially form II & IV during subject and course/university selection and capacity building trainings for Career Teachers. We have conducted such workshops in over 400 secondary schools across 11 counties. The sessions are specially designed to guide students through a self-discovery process where they identify who they are, what they can do and what they want to be. Students engage through a manual psychometric test which guides them on what careers they fit in.
- Mentorship sessions for high school leavers - These mentorship sessions are aimed at demystifying vocational training and careers. While the government has put much effort to promote vocational careers and jobs through TVETs, there has been an increased misconception and stigmatization on technical institutions, well known as village polytechnics and blue color jobs. Most graduates exhibit sense of hopelessness on the next steps to take in life and education once KCPE/KCSE results....continue reading
Careerpedia Mentorship Network
We have developed a diverse talent pool where students at all levels and professionals can engage in a mutually beneficial manner. We invite both individual and corporate membership through alumni organizations, chamas and companies. To date, we have signed up hundreds of mentors from across the various sectors. We build the capacity of both the mentors and mentees and provide networking opportunities. Our offerings include but are not limited to:
- Career events at Storymoja Festivals
- Workshops for career teachers and Mentors
- Mentorship events in schools
- Mentorship walks
Join our mentorship program to become involved in the rise and growth of future leaders.